Heart & Soul is looking for a passionate artist who understands the healing power of live music and performing arts for those facing challenging times.
Heart & Soul is a small nonprofit that brings live music into those who find it difficult if not impossible to attend a live performance on their own. Heart & Soul brings hope, healing and joy through live music and the performing arts to people living in institutions or otherwise isolated. We provide over 1200 live musical performances a year with over 150 performers serving 160 different facilities from Ogden to Provo, Heber to Daybreak.
Heart & Soul's mission centers around the human spirit and the healing power of music. It coordinates the efforts of those who have given so much of their time mastering the art of producing and performing music, with those who are in such great need of its healing power.
As Heart & Soul’s Concert Coordinator, you will help Heart & Soul match artist to audience, arrange, confirm, and oversee our concerts for people who are living in institutions or otherwise isolated. You will also help produce our annual Heart & Soul Music Stroll, which takes place on the second Saturday in June.
- Create a monthly schedule of programs, on a rotating basis at approximately 150 locations and utilizing the talents of 150+ artists, musicians, etc. In developing programs, help artists tailor their programs to the needs of the populations served. Oversee: create/send detailed confirmation letters to facilities and artists. Create fliers, facility surveys, and directions for artists and artist payment processing.
- Oversee fee for service component. Enlist locations in the current fee for service program. Help Heart & Soul develop additional fee for service opportunities and monetize current offerings.
- Develop new locations and arts events for strategic growth and to raise awareness.
Help produce the annual Heart & Soul Music Stroll, which takes place the second Saturday in June. Coordinate bands on porches and front yards throughout the Imperial Park Neighborhood of Sugar House. Coordinate, promote, and oversee performer volunteers on day of event.
- Develop relationships with artists and facility staff. Review program content with artists; work to improve program quality and diversify offerings.
- Mentor artists to anticipate needs and respond to conditions of their work.
- Share data and anecdotes from artists and facilities with staff for marketing purposes.
Volunteer Engagement and Retention
Incumbent will participate in the screening and interview process of prospective volunteers and interns whenever prudent and possible. Incumbent will also manage, coach and oversee program volunteers and interns, including verifying volunteer hours and performance reporting.
The successful candidate will have a formal higher education and/or professional work experience, including work involving administration and written communications, equivalent to a college degree. A promising candidate will have a background in marketing, communications or sales and in either the arts or in healthcare. Hours are somewhat flexible but some daytime hours are needed. This position needs an outgoing, friendly and independent problem solver with lots of initiative, excellent communications skills, preference for a fast-paced environment, comfort with social media, Internet research and familiarity with Google and Microsoft Office.
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Part-time, hourly, estimated 15-20 hours per week
Salary: $15-$18 DOE / hour
Location: Salt Lake City Office, w/ some travel to surrounding counties